Associate Editor, Trending News
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 8:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Trending News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Trending News postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Editor, Trending News? Associate Editor, Trending News (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a contracted writer to work with our team working early mornings. You will take assignments from our timely editor to turn around as quickly as possible. You have experience sourcing, pitching, and writing about timely stories. You are plugged into a variety of film and TV shows and have a willingness to obsessively cover them.
This is a three-month contract-based position and available to start immediately. This is a remote position. Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington and the UK are encouraged to apply. This position requires working 7 am EST to 12 pm at most, or finishes early when the daily quota is reached.
• Take assignments from BuzzFeed editors and execute them quickly
• Write 4 stories a day
• Assist with editing
• Create and produce ideas for content based on news of the day
• Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
• Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
• Work early mornings to mid-day
• Good judgment and an eye for picking pre-viral stories
• Experience working autonomously and self-publishing stories
• The ability to cover a wide range of topics including music, tv, film, fashion, beauty, sports, etc.
• Experience writing about sensitive topics
• The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
• Experience writing trending stories required
• A forensic approach to writing about pop culture
• Experience vetting and sourcing photos a plus
• Experience with SEO a plus
• The ability to take perspective of others
• Instead of a formal cover letter please send a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role and what kinds of trending news content you would like to cover for BuzzFeed
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.