Associate Creative Director
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/31/2023 8:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Associate Creative Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Creative Director postings
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Complex Design
Salary: 115000-130000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
Complex Networks is seeking an Associate Creative Director on the Complex Networks Core Brand Team. You will be responsible for supporting and creating Complex Networks' visual identity across various media: Digital, Print, Experiential, Social and Marketing. The ACD will have a strong background in conceptual brand ideation and amplification, art direction, typography, creative ideation and strategy, supporting the Creative Director in ensuring visual identities are consistent across all touchpoints of the brands Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes and Sole Collector. Responsibilities include managing and nurturing the Core design team by providing clear feedback, direction and guidance on multiple projects.
• Support creative leadership in all aspects of Complex Networks brands, providing clear and decisive direction on matters of art direction, visual identity, taste, and tone
• Guide the creation of brand guidelines, including templates, and marketing materials for Complex Networks's audience-facing brands and IP
• Provide Design direction and design for special projects across a variety of platforms and media
• Organize and present creative work for internal and external review, taking extra care to ensure creative alignment of all parties
• Support the Creative Director in the smooth running of the Core Brand team, by providing clear feedback and direction to Art Directors and designers.
• Help to lead creative efforts by working in close collaboration with leading brand and cross-functional partners
• Support Creative Director lead initiatives across various media: Digital, Print, Experiential, Social, and Marketing
• Manage multiple projects, deliverables, timelines, and team objectives simultaneously
• Foster conceptual and professional development amongst team members, leading by example
• Develop and nurture team skill sets and capabilities, maintaining a rigorous creative process necessary for a high-functioning team
• Inspire enthusiasm and camaraderie within the team, contributing to an inclusive and supportive team culture
• Monitor quality of creative output across project milestones and deliverables, assessing risk and communication issues, problem-solving any that may arise
• Stay up-to-date with current design trends, techniques, and industry movements, disseminating information and inspiration within the team
• Identify and engage creative collaborators for contract, full-time, and freelance engagements when called upon
• Minimum 7 years of professional creative experience at a design firm, agency, publication, or media company, with an emphasis on branding, digital media, and 360 content
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience leading design teams and guiding multi-faceted creative projects from start to finish
• A natural ability to function in a leadership and mentorship capacity while thriving under pressure
• Strong design background, including an intimate understanding of the entire design process and its various production processes and procedures
• A passion and deep knowledge of current and historic design references relevant to Complex Networks brands
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Ability to reconcile and communicate the relationship between aesthetic, strategic, and business objectives
• Proven skill as a trusted leader, mentor, and supporter within the design community and beyond
• Builds Effective Teams
• Communicates Effectively
• Strategic Mindset
• Action Oriented
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Manages Conflict
• Organizational Savvy
• Drives Results
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.