Assistant Culinary Producer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant Culinary Producer (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate and skilled freelance assistant culinary producer for a long-term project who can aid in creating compelling original recipes and videos for Tasty. Reporting to our Culinary Producers, you'll work on our Hollywood campus to develop recipes and assist on productions for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tasty.co. Ideally you will come from a culinary background, whether it be for media or food service.
• Assist in grocery shopping, prepping ingredients, as well as making swaps for shoots, food styling and assisting producers on set
• Work with the culinary team to produce both long form and short form food content across multiple shows and platforms
• Cross-test and/or develop recipes in accordance with the Tasty brand and style guide
• 2 years of food media experience
• 2 years of recipe development experience in both sweet and savory cooking
• Strong knowledge of working on culinary production sets
• Ability to work fast and efficiently in the kitchen and multitask to take on multiple projects at once to keep production moving forward
• Excellent work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
• Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
• Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Unwavering commitment to working safely
• Comfortable working with talent while maintaining boundaries
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.