BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a self-sufficient assignment editor to partner between BuzzFeed.com lead editors and freelancers as we scale up our external contributors' group. This person will have a network of writers and contacts in multiple content areas.
• Partner with team leads to assess freelance needs in specific content areas
• Reach out to potential freelancers
• Onboard acquired freelancers
• Assign stories and field assignments from contributors
• Review and edit assignments
• Process invoices
• Provide feedback and act as the go-between for staff editors and contributors
• 2-4 years experience as an editor fielding pitches
• Identify quality content vs. content that would not work for the site
• Relay feedback from BuzzFeed.com lead editors/staff back to freelancers
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.