BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Art Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Art Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Art Assistant?
Full Time Job
Art Assistant (project-based)
This role is primarily responsible for production order fulfillment, including production supplies, props, flats, and set pieces, at the direction of Art Director and Art Lead.
This includes support of ops techs and art dept personnel in workshop assignments, completing
maintenance tasks on workshop equipment and production design elements. This role will report into the Ops Supervisor (Art Director) and are cross-trained with stage and asset technicians to cover all venue needs on our lot.
• Assist Art Director & Art Lead with execution of designs, builds, and strike
• Assist in detailed prop fabrication
• Order and pickup Prop & set dec purchases/rentals from external vendors, and may require runs for scenic/construction materials
• Assemble Prop orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery
• Receive returns and restock shelves for inventory reconciliation
• Manage flat and scenic inventory - rental, alteration approvals, usage, disposal, life-cycle, etc. in coordination with the Production Technology team.
• Engage with workshop tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and understand and exhibit proper tool use for any users of workshop space.
• Manage inventory of tools, expendables, raw materials, paint, etc - circulation, usage, replenishing, and disposal / life-cycle.
• Provide cross-functional support to other stage/venue teams
• Input and catalog performance data as assigned by the Ops Supervisor
• The ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
• Experience in scene shop and/or prop rental house a plus
• Mechanical skills in the use of hand and power tools
• A highly organized and always solution-oriented mindset
• Polished and timely written/verbal communication skills
• The ability to lift and carry materials, 35 lbs unassisted.
• The ability to read and understand floor plans, color renderings, and advanced construction blueprints preferred
• The scope of the job may require working off-hours on occasion, per production need
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• A sense of humor and a willingness to learn will set you up for success!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.