Apop Lead Producer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/17/2023 5:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Apop Lead Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Apop Lead Producer postings
Full Time Job
APOP Lead Producer (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 38-40/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
A*POP is looking for a Lead Video Producer to join our team. The Lead Video Producer will support A*POP across multiple platforms by creating long form content from an Asian perspective, and managing a pod of full-time and freelance producers.
In this role you will collaborate with the Executive Producer and fellow producers to create videos for YouTube and manage strategy for A*POP as a brand. You will excel in an autonomous work environment and can juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a curious attitude and who is interested in growing the brand to its full potential. You MUST be excited by the challenges of new content initiatives and can handle a fluctuating workload. Creativity and a collaborative spirit are essential for this role!
The role is based out of the LA office, but candidates should be willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
• Based on our needs, ideate, shoot and edit your own content, or adapt/improve content & formats we already have in place.
• Collaborate with the team to identify new formats and develop strategy for A*POP.
• Lead a team of producers creating content for YouTube, Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
• Provide creative notes on your videos and other team members videos.
• Stay in the know about what's trending online in the Asian community and successfully iterate off that content.
• Collaborate with the team to grow A*POP's reach and audience.
• Identify new voices within the community to collaborate with on a monthly basis.
• Help manage Freelance video producer contributions to the channel by approving concepts, giving notes, and packaging final deliverables.
• Work with a production manager on budget, paperwork and logistics for your videos.
• 4 years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
• Are comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the various stages of production
• Extremely knowledgeable about all social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and Youtube
• Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content for the Asian community
• Great communication skills and can give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
• Intersectional and mindful with your storytelling. We want producers who celebrate inclusivity.
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. What makes your voice standout and how will it serve our community and audience on Pero Like.
• We'd also like you to share 2 A*POP videos that performed well on any platform and explain why you think they were successful.
• Attach a resume.
• Share 3-5 samples of videos you've produced.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.