Affiliate Distribution & Growth Manager
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative, analytical, self-starter to join their growing affiliate team. The ideal candidate is adaptable & flexible to change, comfortable pulling & analyzing data to inform strategy decisions, and has a natural motivation to learn. This is a hybrid role, focusing on social marketing initiatives, retail analytics & strategy, and audience development.
In this role, you will be creating, managing, and optimizing internal facing distribution campaigns, analyzing reports to surface optimization or growth opportunities, and working cross-functionally to develop audience cohorts to more strategically re-target our high intent shoppers.
This position will be based in our New York office.
• Oversee set up & implementation of paid distribution campaigns for a variety of verticals and markets
• Strong marketing understanding - majority of focus will be overseeing audience development strategies and optimizing marketing & acquisitions campaigns for audience growth
• Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, and communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to track performance of internal funded campaigns and deliver strategic recommendations and areas of growth potential based on report findings
• Work in tandem with the affiliate team to identify potential risks or areas of growth in client programs
• Stay up to date on new and emerging commerce trends and first-to-market opportunities
• Ability to work cross functionally with teams to own and manage our affiliate audience development strategy to help impact our organic revenue growth
• Work cross functionally with tech and data scientists to operationalize reporting processes
• 3-4 years experience in media/marketing. Analytical experience preferred
• Experience working in a cross functional role touching affiliate, social media marketing, ecommerce, and retail analytics
• Highly proficient in social media marketing. FB Ads Manager knowledge required
• Strong understanding of performance marketing tactics and metrics used to evaluate success
• Experience creating and presenting reports in Excel
• Strong written, analytical, and verbal communications skills is a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Photoshop tools
• A passion for retail and identifying consumer behavior trends is a plus!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.