Affiliate Account Manager
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, self-starter to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be an optimistic, innate problem solver with a strong attention to detail. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for leading daily affiliate partner communications and identifying partnership optimization opportunities and presenting campaign proposals to our partnering brands (totalling 1,000 ). In this role, you will act as a liaison between internal BuzzFeed teams and our affiliate partners, and will be tasked with identifying new and unique opportunities that address the needs of both groups.
This position will be based in our New York office.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for all new and existing affiliate partners
• Work with Affiliate Team Lead to help build and maintain successful client relationships
• Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify editorial opportunities and emerging partners of interests, manage an on-going production schedules, and monitor the success of partner programs once live
• Leverage learnings and insights from our existing affiliate business to identify placement opportunities for new and existing brands who's performance exhibit signals for potential growth
• Oversee external partner communications for campaigns including execution, optimization, and reporting
• Collaborate with internal editorial, tech and business team members to brainstorm, plan and execute multi-faceted partnerships for our affiliate brands
• Work closely with affiliate team lead to maintain prospecting lists for new partnerships, targets, and seasonal initiatives
• Create and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
• 3 years of experience in fast-paced, analytical, and/or client-facing role.
• Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising and/or editorial strategy.
• Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for our partners' business objectives
• A strong track record of executing successful collaborations across internal and external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
• A consistent ability to multitask and work on complex, production extensive programs with proven success of driving new client acquisition, retention and growth
• A history of critical thinking with an ability to tackle unique programs and projects with a positive and problem solving mindset
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.