Full Time Job
(6 month contract with the possibility of extension)
Are you an Administrative Assistant with experience in supporting senior management? BuzzFeed UK is seeking someone to become an integral part of their team and provide executive support to the General Manager (GM) of Europe and general administrative support to our UK News Editor and other senior executives as required. This is a six month contract in the first instance.
This role is based in London and reports into GM of Europe.
• Acts as a representative of the GM of Europe.
• Provide administrative services to both the General Manager and UK Editor. including: diary management, scheduling meetings, event planning, organising travel and preparing travel itineraries, correspondence, and prioritising emails.
• Provide administrative support to other senior executives as and when required.
• Provide administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives on behalf of the General Manager as and when required.
• Coordinate, attend, and take minutes for specific meetings as needed.
• Work on a highly confidential basis by maintaining the importance and the privacy of the General Manager and UK Editor.
• Cover front desk duties in the Office Manager's absence.
• Support the GM and office manager with the new London office move.
• Demonstrable experience supporting an executive and/or senior management team.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with complex calendar management experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar), and video conferencing tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
• A sense of humour!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.