Accounting Manager, Revenue
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2021 7:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accounting Manager, Revenue jobs in New York-NY
Search all Accounting Manager, Revenue postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounting Manager, Revenue?
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Revenue Manager to join our growing Accounting team at BuzzFeed. This position will be a key member of our Accounting Team and be a critical partner with our FP&A, Tax, Business Development and other teams. The candidate will be responsible for executing time efficient month-end close processes as well as managing the continued growth and build out of robust internal controls.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they partner across the organization.The candidate is an exceptional mentor, teammate and leader who is able to guide their team while exceeding goals in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. This position will report to the Revenue Senior Manager. The manager will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Manager may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
• Oversee and manage accounting of multiple revenue streams as well as the design, implementation and execution of scalable and effective processes for a more efficient close
• Manage the revenue monthly close process including the review of journal entries, reconciliation of revenue and deferred revenue accounts and preparation of reserve models, and other related transactions.
• Review revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606; review draft contracts and customer orders for potential revenue recognition issues;
• Prepare monthly actuals vs budget and gross margin analysis while partnering with FP&A to bridge variances
• Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
• Maintains expertise associated with ASC 606 revenue accounting and cross sharing of this knowledge.
• Support the financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
• Improve internal control processes and implement best practices where applicable;
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
• 5 years' experience in Accounting and / or Finance with a focus on revenue recognition, technical accounting, preferably including experience in both public accounting and corporate environments
• Previous experience managing small teams
• Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding ASC 606 Revenue and ability to perform in depth research on complex technical accounting matters and effectively summarize conclusions;
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office;
• System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases; experience with NetSuite a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment; and
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.