Account Executive, Client Partnerships
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Account Executive, Client Partnerships - Mid-Market
BuzzFeed… the social news and entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for an Account Executive, Client Partnerships - Mid-Market with a passion for social content-driven advertising.
You have experience in digital/experiential media and/or a proven track record of new business sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, and customer service skills.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
• Prospect new clients, including the ability to qualify and close new accounts
• Prepare for and manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
• Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business.
• Host online, phone and in-person presentations
• Provide prompt phone/email follow up to all inbound inquiries and properly document and track activity
• Develop and maintain knowledge to become an expert on social media, content Marketing, mobile and digital video
• 2 years of digital media or sales experience is required
• Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing and renewing business preferred
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
• Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills.
• Experience navigating the internet and social platforms
• A desire to learn and adapt in an ever changing industry
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.