2D Animate Cc / Flash Animator
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
2D Animate CC / Flash Animator (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced Animate CC / Flash Animator to work on an internally produced new mini explainer series for Black History Month 2022 featuring people in history who identified as LGBTQ . The four 1 minute episode series will feature bold colorful illustrations and be entirely animated (no live action). The role is a 4 week contract, starting in November, exact date TBD.
• Animate established animation style in Animate CC / Flash
• Must know Animate CC / Flash
• Work on a small remote team, which requires constant communication and collaboration
• Offer up ideas and solutions to design problems
• Handle and execute notes quickly
• Be self-sufficient, organized and on schedule
• Support Designer in creating assets for animation if needed
• Ability to support Editor in sound design and editing a plus but not required
• A strong sense of design and timing
• Strong character animation skills
• Motion Graphic experience is a plus
• A level of proficiency in Animate CC / Flash
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator and Premiere
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Media Encoder
• Good communication skills and no ego on receiving feedback
• At least 2-3 years of experience working in animation and online
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.