Spring Intern - Info and Data Systems
Burbank Television EnterprisesBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Info and Data Systems Intern (Graduate Student) - Spring 2020
Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Info & Data Systems Intern for the Spring 2020 term for the Global Insights & Analytics Finance, Systems, Projects department. Under supervision, Intern will gain practical work experience and knowledge, while supporting the various teams within Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics on daily operations, as well as various info and data systems initiatives that advance our efforts, as well as the efforts of the company globally.
• Work collaboratively across business units to build new and insightful data visualizations using Tableau, Excel, Access, Data Warehouses and other tools/systems as necessary.
• Analyze data sets and related APIs and champion recommendations to create and optimize automation, and to increase levels of detail and accuracy in the data and its applications.
• Identify novel solutions to challenging business problems by applying, modifying and inventing techniques to uncover new insights into the data.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Currently enrolled in and pursuing a college/university Master's degree in any computer science related discipline; Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields preferred.
• Previous internships or comparable employment experience preferred.
• Previous analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling experience preferred.
• Requires a strong interest in the media entertainment business.
• The preferred candidate will also demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
• Tableau and other visualization tools.
• SQL Server and other database tools.
• Application programming tools.
• Microsoft Office 365 office productivity software tools (especially Excel and Access).
• Demonstrate the ability to champion a project and coordinate resources from start to finish with strict attention to detail.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact well with a wide variety of professional staff from internal support staff to executive management, to external contractors and vendors. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment.
• Strong follow-up abilities with a high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as, independently.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must possess a professional mannerism.