Manager, Publicity & Promotions
Buena Vista Pictures Distribution Canada, Inc.Toronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2021 1:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Manager, Publicity & Promotions jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Manager, Publicity & Promotions postings
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Canada (WDSMPC) has a Toronto-based Marketing group as part of WDSMP Canada. This opportunity will involve establishing a heightened marketing and brand presence for the Studios' roster of content, including Disney and theatrical releases, from the Disney family of brands. We are seeking a Manager, Publicity & Promotions who can develop and manage the overall publicity & promotions strategy for Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Studios titles in Canada, while collaborating effectively with U.S. based functional groups.
• Manage and execute the publicity and promotions strategy for Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Studios titles in Canada
• Develop strategic media outreach and targeted pitches for all Studio Disney , theatrical and in-home releases, including long-lead coverage, press days, first-look opportunities, and trailer premieres etc
• Manage in-person and virtual junkets, set visits, Canadian PA tours, press interviews and other press events including film festivals
• Liaise with the wider team members on media buys and national partnership to leverage opportunities on a local promotional level
• Create effective promotional strategies including securing media partners, new & creative 3rd party outreach, partnerships, and screening programs
• Build & maintain strong relationships with national and local media (broadcast, print, digital, radio, bloggers) to generate optimal coverage of our films
• Liaise and manage the Montreal PR agency on all publicity and promotional opportunities
• Attend & coordinate press screenings and events
• Manage press lists and press communication
• Execute press releases to support the premieres of trailers, creative, XM initiatives and other content initiatives
• Support the WDSMP Canada social media accounts & sites with publicity initiatives including targeting press/influencers for mailer initiatives
• Build integrated marketing programs with other areas within the WDSMPC marketing team to ensure a unified and efficient campaign to maximize the marketing reach
• Coaching and motivating Coordinator and/or intern by offering guidance and acting proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration
• Create and present top line reports/presentations for each priority title
• Manage and/or support special marketing projects as directed
• Minimum 7 years of publicity and promotions experience within the film or entertainment industry
• Strong working relationships with the Canadian film & entertainment media (broadcast, print, digital, radio, bloggers)
• Solid promotional working relationships and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for film, the entertainment industry, the arts and pop culture in general
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented & superior written abilities a must
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Enthusiastic, hard working with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working with talent and their representatives
• Working knowledge of Gofobo/Ticktbox is an asset
• Completion of a Public Relations degree or equivalent
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Pictures Distribution Canada, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.