BuchwaldLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2023 7:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Floating Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Floating Assistant postings
Full Time Job
WHO WE ARE:
Buchwald was launched by Don Buchwald and five associates in 1977. Today, with offices in New York and Los Angeles, we are an industry leader in talent representation.
Built on the cornerstone of our commercial and broadcast departments, our full-service agency offers representation in every area of the entertainment industry: commercial, broadcast, film, theatre, television, literary, feature film packaging, personal appearance, syndication (radio, television and digital), unscripted, branding/digital, and emerging talent.
With over forty-five years of experience, we have mastered the art of representation with dedication, perseverance, determination, and passion.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Buchwald is seeking an eager & motivated entry-level Floater Assistant to join our Mailroom. Our Mailroom team is the foundation of our agency and is a vital part of our company’s culture.
This opportunity is currently available in-person, in our Los Angeles office.
Our Floaters will gain first-hand industry experience across all our departments, receive hands-on learning & development, and serve as the operational hub of the agency.
Floaters are responsible for covering reception, mailroom duties, and covering as a rotational assistant. These duties provide our Floaters with unique exposure to the agency, which allows for their development within the agency.
A successful Floater Assistant will become a great candidate for most Buchwald Assistant roles and beyond.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Passion: You are passionate about a long-term career within a Talent Agency.
• Superb organizational skills: You are highly organized and detail-oriented, while still thinking big picture.
• Ambition: You are a self-starter who takes the initiative to get things done!
• Tech Savviness: Proficient with PC, MS Office, Zoom can quickly learn new systems.
• Excellent judgment: You must be able to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Composure: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can remain calm under pressure.
• A team-first mentality: You enjoy contributing to a greater goal, can anticipate needs and willing to “go the extra mile.”
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Act as the voice of Buchwald by answering all incoming calls and transferring callers to the appropriate parties.
• Greet all visiting clients, colleagues, and guests, while providing top-tier customer service.
• Assist with scheduling and booking conference rooms.
• Build and foster relationships with colleagues.
• Perform various internal and external mail/messenger activities (sorting, tracking, delivering, pickup, etc.).
• Setup and breakdown conference rooms and event spaces, for meetings and company events.
• Perform other operational tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Act as interim coverage for Assistants to provide continual and consistent support to Agents and Executives.
• Administrative duties include booking appointments, managing calendars, email correspondence, rolling calls, preparing expense reports, and additional projects as needed.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College is preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for Entertainment, Media, Brands and/or Sports.
• Entertainment and agency internship experience is a plus!
• Desire to grow within the agency.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong networking and communication skills, with exceptional phone etiquette.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
• Collaborative team player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $17 - $18/hr. This position also is eligible for full-time employee benefits. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
Buchwald does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by the company to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that Buchwald will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Buchwald is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.