Corporate Communications Manager
BuchwaldLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Casting Notices - Acting Category
Search for Corporate Communications Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Corporate Communications Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Corporate Communications Manager? Our bicoastal talent agency is looking to hire a Corporate Communications Manager ( in-house publicist) that is eager to join our thriving team in the Los Angeles office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the film, TV, technology, and philanthropy. Current PR assistants with 2 + years experience feel free to apply.
This candidate will be expected to have a strong base of relationships within the media and will work closely with both coasts in the communications division, reaching out and pitching client signings, major booking announcements and other agency news to trades, bloggers and online media.
Media Relations Execution and Oversight: Work to devise and execute publicity campaigns to raise our company profile within the entertainment and philanthropy communities. Pitch stories to all external media outlets, including traditional print reporters and critics, electronic media and mainstream online outlets, as well as bloggers. Understand media desires and exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that all objectives are met. Serve as key point person for everything PR related.
Talent Relationships: Establish close working relationships and positive rapport with trades, reporters, studio publicists, talent, executive producers, and other personnel associated within entertainment to achieve domestic publicity objectives.
Social Media: Follow best practice strategies for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media and/or location-based outlets. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach on these platforms to customers / fans.
• Write press releases, media alerts for events, pitches, and recaps for clients.
• Service clients with digital breaks and oversee publicity for the agency (blogs, trades, social media, digital tastemakers)
• Be the point person at the agency to provide strategy for digital efforts.
• Pitch announcements, new trailers, film content, talent interviews and press tours to bloggers in all categories (lifestyle, parenting, entertainment, foodie, DIY, etc)
• Update weekly status reports with the coverage they secure and/or updates on conversation with bloggers/media
• Send out press breaks of the coverage secured in the proper format in a timely manner (reporting results is just as important as securing the hits)
• Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training - when approved
• Stay current with new media trends and incorporate as appropriate.
• Proactive media relations - pitching traditional digital and bloggers, developing relationships and uncovering new outlets
• Develop comprehensive media lists and maintain film/TV team press database.
• Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
• Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
• 3 years' experience in publicity or media relations, preferably in the entertainment or news space
• Must have relationships at all the major trades (Deadline, THR, Variety, Etc.)
• Bachelor's degree
• Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
• Passionate about writing and verbal communications
• Frugality: ability to be creative with less
• Thrives in a collaborative environment
• Strong judgement and the ability to respond quickly and experience in timely publicity matters
• Strong computers skills are required, including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Have knowledge on how to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and can design/create graphics and invites from scratch
• Strong overall communication skills in person and over conference calls
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure and maintain a high level of organization.
• Strong written skills are a must
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
• Creative/proactive thinking and a problem-solving attitude
• The ability to research story angles to secure placements for our clients
• Ability to work with others in a team environment