Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Brooklyn NetsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
The Human Resources/Payroll Manager will oversee and lead all functions of Payroll. He/she must be knowledgeable about all areas of payroll, laws and requirements, including taxation, compliance, etc. He/she will manage and execute all compensation functions for a variety of different plans, compensation links with benefits plans, bonus plans and other Total Rewards components. This manager will also serve in an HR Business Partnership capacity. This will include but not be limited to employee relations, conflict resolution and performance management; enhancing teamwork and employee engagement;
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee payroll for all new employees, players, and staff;
• Processing of employee's expense reimbursements through payroll;
• Processing of all forms of payroll exceptions (bonuses, stipends, differentials, manual checks, etc.);
• Calculations of accruals;
• Update all applicable tax rates and all related reporting, reconciliation, audit function and associated responsibilities;
• Ensures payment of all contractual obligations for active and non-active players, coaches and other contracted employees;
• Reviews and manages policies and procedures surrounding payroll processing and payroll system administration;
• Maintains current knowledge of state and federal labor laws and pay practices; including reporting requirements;
• Serves as a backup for payroll processing and maintenance;
• Assists with 401K administration and Coaches retirement plans encompassing new enrollments, plan withholdings, loan payments, forecast cash requirements for Company matching plan and prepare wire transfer for payment of 401K withholdings;
• Ensures FLSA compliance – job classification, exempt/non-exempt status;
• Participates and leads bi-annual compensation surveys, analyzes data and makes recommendations to current compensation structure;
• Partner with HRBPs and department leaders to advise on total compensation structures and pay grade/level;
• Coordinates and/or takes on ownership of various projects encompassing all areas of Human Resources and Payroll, both assigned and self-initiated;
• Bachelor's degree required;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a Human Resources position
• 3-5 years of payroll processing experience
• Experience using UltiPro strongly preferred
• Experience working in a dynamic, competitive environment is a plus.
• Meticulous attention to detail is critical, as is reviewing and analyzing reports that improve process and results
• He/she needs to possess strong listening skills, be curious, have developed the skill of anticipation, think proactively and be innovative in working with creative teams.
• Must be able to confidentially handle sensitive information, including individual performance reviews, background checks, and potential work issues;
• Strong interest in improving the Human Resources discipline, becoming fully aware and informed of current trends, developments, and changes in the sub-industry;
• Has truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
• Good decision-making and problem-solving capabilities in order to work through complex benefit issues and meet deadlines;
• Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole
• Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
• HR skills are important, but high Emotional Intelligence is critical to the success of this leader.
• How did you hear about this job?