Director, Operations & Facilities
Brooklyn NetsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
We are seeking a motivated, organized and attentive Director of Operations & Facilities who will lead a team to run the day-to-day operations of our Corporate Offices, the HSS Training Center, and Barclays Center; maintaining all facilities standards of the NBA rules and guidelines. The Director of Operations will serve as a strategic partner to the organization proactively presenting industry trends and ''Best in Class'' recommendations for facilities and operations solutions.
Brooklyn Nets is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all day-to-day activities directly related to Business and Basketball facilities management, including event management, scheduling of facilities, shipping/receiving, and running of all emergency action procedures;
• Serves as project manager, owning budgets and timelines for all capital expenditures and renovations. Responsible for hiring and supervising direct labor and subcontractors on all projects, including managing architect relationship.
• Manage NBA game nights and serve as main liaison between AEG and Brooklyn Nets. Responsible for overseeing arena set-up and breakdown including but not limited to sponsorship deliverables, staffing levels, and oversight of the distribution of ingress/egress materials;
• Ensures the training center meets and maintains all NBA standards and requirement. Manage the upkeep of all basketball related equipment while working with the NBA to ensure execution of league protocol;
• Responsible for developing, adjusting and/or improving standard operating procedures that may ensure operational efficiency at properties;
• Manages the Facility Operations staff, preparing work schedules, and assigning specific duties. In addition, will determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes;
• Assists and monitors daily facility walk-through's, including managing HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical;
• Handles all vendor relations such as janitorial, security, and HVAC. Work closely with vendors to assist and perform preventive maintenance on equipment located in facility.
• Handles purchase requisitions including but not limited to researching companies, bid analysis, submission and ordering process;
• Other duties as assigned;
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Facility Management, Sport Management, or related field (or equivalent related experience);
• Minimum of 6 years' experience working in a Facility Operations environment;
• General understanding of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems;
• Understanding of pool maintenance;
• Strong conflict management and analytical skills;
• Truly exceptional customer service skills, proven judgement and interpersonal effectiveness;
• Ability to work independently;
• Thorough and proficient with Microsoft Office;
• Values - Honesty and Integrity;
• Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Ability to build and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
Frequent Traveler (10 -20% travel): may be required to travel between Brooklyn and the New York City area.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Works primarily in an office environment; however, is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.
• How did you hear about this job?