Broadway Across AmericaBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
The France-Merrick Performing Arts Center, a 350,000 square foot historic building located in downtown Baltimore and home to the historic and legendary Hippodrome Theatre, is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual to serve as a full-time Facilities Assistant. The Facilities Department is responsible for the day-to-day repairs and preventative maintenance of the physical plant and is here to support the Production and Front-Of-House departments in their daily needs. The Facilities Assistant will report to the department supervisor and perform duties as assigned. Qualified individuals for this position should have a basic general knowledge of and experience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, should have at least 1 year experience in building repair and maintenance, and have a love of historic buildings and preservation.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Moving, setting up, and striking equipment for events
• Changing out marquee letters
• Minor plumbing and electrical repairs
• Drywall, painting and finish work
• Routine maintenance of building HVAC system, including changing air filters and cleaning diffusers
• Meeting with vendors to conduct large repairs
• Unload and store deliveries of theatre programs, show merchandise, and other deliveries as required
• Assisting the Facilities Manager, Technical Director, and Director of Theatre Services, as needed
• Assisting in the supervision and direction of the cleaning crew
• Performing daily walk-throughs of the entire premises to check light bulbs, exit signs, cleanliness, restroom supplies, doors, windows, and general orderliness
• Make occasional trips to hardware and supply stores to pick up supplies for the theatre
• Maintain and keep the facilities woodshop and tool rooms in an orderly and clean condition
• Send, receive, and respond to emails and telephone communications regarding maintenance and repair requests throughout the day
This position requires long periods of standing, walking, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Due to the nature of live entertainment, night and weekend shifts are required based on the needs of the theatre's production schedule. Applicants must be able to read and write in English and possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook experience are preferred.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Broadway Across America is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.