Full Charge Bookkeeper
Breakdown Services LtdLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Full Charge Bookkeeper jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Established in 1971, Breakdown Services, Ltd. and its family of companies are integral to the process of auditioning Actors. We work with all Major Studios and Casting Companies providing services that support the casting process. We are looking for a diligent Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our accounting department and the position is REMOTE, but candidates must reside in the greater Los Angeles area. The bookkeeper's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company. This role is an integral part of the accounting & finance department and will report to the Controller and C-level Executives.
To be successful as a bookkeeper, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding bookkeeper should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (preferred).
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP in the United States.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Sage Intacct and working knowledge of Quickbooks Advanced Online.
- Preferable knowledge of working with Zenefits HRIS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (inclusive of macro writing and editing).
- Have experience handling confidential matters with discretion.
- A/R for intercompany transactions between our 6 affiliated companies
- Able to review and maintain our payment gateway (AuthorizeNet) along with our internal APIs and speak to our IT department in order for them to be able to work on efficiencies.
- Payroll Processing for one of our companies w 25 employees and manage HR through our Zenefits HRIS.
- Monthly bank reconciliations of various bank and credit card accounts inclusive of intercompany related transactions.
- Daily G/L reconciliation and consolidation of batch transactions.
- A/P processing, inclusive of intercompany transactions, currency exchange rates within the AP and payment in US funds for all applicable invoices and cash payments through our bank ACH payment modules.
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- Sage Intacct: 1 year (Preferred)
- Zenefits HRIS/Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
**** Please do not contact the employer directly.?