Motion Analysis Assistant
Boston Red SoxFort Myers, FL
Full Time Job
MISSION: Assist in the expanding development of the biomechanics data analyses workflow for application in Sports Science and Analytics department.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Boston Red Sox are seeking a motivated individual to join the Sport Science and Analytics departments. The role will focus on discovering and sharing insights, helping develop reports, and providing feedback for the improvement and expansion of our analytical tools for biomechanical data analysis.
• Stay up to date on pertinent mechanical information across all players in the organization
• Discover insights, trends, and anomalies in data
• Communicate important findings to supervisors
• Communicate with coaching, strength and conditioning, and medical staff on a daily basis
• Provide consistent feedback on areas of improvement in our processes/tools
• Provide operational support and QA for our 3D motion capture systems
• Bachelor's degree or greater in Biomechanics or related field
• Strong communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Attention to detail while also having the ability to work quickly and balance multiple priorities
• Applied baseball biomechanics experience is preferred
• Data analysis/reporting experience is preferred
• Experience with programming languages (e.g., C, Python, Matlab or R) is beneficial
• Experience in SQL is beneficial
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.