Major League Clubhouse Assistant
Boston Red SoxBoston, MA
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2022 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Major League Clubhouse Assistant jobs in Boston-MA
Search all Major League Clubhouse Assistant postings
Full Time Job
This position is primarily focused on the Red Sox Major League Clubhouse at Fenway Park in Boston, MA for all phases of activity during the year. Must have flexibility to work 7 days a week as work hours will vary depending on schedule.
• Field set up and breakdown
• Assist coaching, athletic training, and baseball operations staff as needed
• Assist with locker room and equipment maintenance
• Pre-game setup and post-game breakdown of game field & dugout
• Available to run errands at the request of the Clubhouse and Equipment Manager
• On field game duties (bat boy/assistant bay boy).
• Assist in loading and unloading equipment trucks for travel to away games
• Handling incoming and outgoing mail and packages
• Assist the Major League Clubhouse and Equipment Manager as needed
• Other responsibilities as needed and assigned
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license
• Must have at least 1-2 years of prior experience working in a professional baseball clubhouse or equivalent
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, lift heavy objects
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills
• Must be enthusiastic, friendly, and a team player
• Must be dependable and willing to take initiative
• Must be able to work irregular hours including weekends and holidays
• Spanish speaking is required
• Must be able to pass a Major League Baseball mandated background check
• Must be able to travel to Red Sox Spring Training in Ft Myers, FL for approximately 7 weeks during February and March.
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.