Intern - Minor League Video & Technology
Boston Red SoxBoston, MA
This was removed by the employer on 12/28/2021 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Minor League Video & Technology jobs in Boston-MA
Search all Intern - Minor League Video & Technology postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Minor League Video & Technology Intern will be a member of the Player Development team, and is responsible for managing video and data collection at their assigned affiliate. This individual will collaborate closely with the coaching staff, coordinators, Player Development, Baseball Systems, and Analytics front office members.
• Collect video by setting up multiple cameras and using BATS video software.
• Organize and distribute game video in a timely and quality manner.
• Manage video database to make sure it is readily available for staff and players to view.
• Manage all video equipment and computers making sure it is properly cared for and working effectively.
• Collect non-game video proactively and at the request of staff.
• Operate and maintain various technology used at affiliate such as Blast, Rapsodo, Trackman, Hawkeye, Kinatrax, and Edgertronic cameras.
• Distribute analytical information to coaching staff produced by our Analytics department.
• Assist with various administrative projects as assigned by coaching staff and Front Office.
• Assist in video collection and technology implementation during Spring Training.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong administrative skills
• Organized, proactive, and strong communicative skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Willing to relocate
• Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Willing to travel with the team
• Prior baseball experience is preferred – College baseball team, summer team, training facility
• Prior baseball playing experience is preferred
• Prior video experience (BATS, Synergy, Edgertronic) is preferred
• Prior baseball technology experience (Trackman, Blast, Rapsodo) is preferred
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.