Business Development Assistant
Boston Red SoxBoston, MA
Full Time Job
At the Boston Red Sox, our mascots are very busy whether it's at a home game or traveling to visit fans and our Marketing team is looking for a Business Development Assistant to help keep their events, budgeting and fun are well-looked after. The Business Development Assistant will use strong organization and communication skills to work across departments at the Boston Red Sox in order to keep the mascot's schedule running smoothly.
• Develop leads and bookings for revenue-generating events for the Red Sox mascot(s) through sales calls and emails
• Book mascot appearances and events
• Respond and maintain mascot email accounts, mascot forms online and internal requests
• Work with accounting departments to make sure that all budgeting goals are met
• Maintain accurate and updated revenue for incoming events
• Invoice for all mascot appearances
• Track revenue in Salesforce and Excel
• Work with marketing assistant to create email and social campaigns for bookings for the Mascots targeting distressed revenues
• Assist in content generation for social media marketing on Wally & Tessie
• Assist in the execution of major Fan & Youth Engagement events, such as Out of the Park, Little League Opening Day, Play Ball, etc.
• Assist with overall department goals and kids-related initiatives as needed
• Prior customer service experience
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or similar program
• Experience with Salesforce preferred
• General knowledge of baseball and the Red Sox preferred
• Ability to work flexible hours with weekend availability
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.