Assistant, Baseball Communications & Media Relations
Boston Red SoxBoston, MA
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2023 3:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant, Baseball Communications & Media Relations jobs in Boston-MA
Search all Assistant, Baseball Communications & Media Relations postings
Full Time Job
The Assistant, Baseball Communications & Media Relations role provides support to the Baseball Communications & Media Relations department, which serves as the liaison between the media and the ball club for all team-related public relations, including interview requests, credentialing, baseball information, and the production of daily game information and other press materials. The assistant position will be expected to assist the department in any and all requests from the rest of the team.
This is a seasonal position from March – October.
• Directing daily media requests, including interview requests, baseball information requests, and credentialing
• Contributing to daily pre-game notes
• Compiling and sending Red Sox-related news clips to front office and media daily
• Distributing game notes, lineup sheets, and other game materials for all home games
• Maintaining the press box, including media seating and availability of press materials
• Drafting, proofreading, and editing press releases
• Providing office and administrative assistance as assigned by members of the Baseball Communications & Media Relations department
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field
• Working knowledge of baseball and related statistics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Must be able work hours consistent with MLB schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements. Up-to-date means having received all recommended COVID-19 vaccination doses in the primary series and a booster dose(s) when eligible, per CDC guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.