BondIt Media CapitalSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Portfolio Servicer jobs in Santa Monica-CA
BondIt Media Capital has an open position for a qualified PORTFOLIO SERVICER.
Summary Job Description:
The PORTFOLIO SERVICER will be responsible for working with BondIt's credit and finance teams to support in the technical and legal delivery of film and media assets to distributors; The position will also interface with BondIt's content creator/producer clients on managing projects through collections from said distributors to clear outstanding loan balances and other payments and fees due within the contracted timeframe of contractual arrangements.
The PORTFOLIO SERVICER will require direct client contact daily, a deep knowledge of the media processes (film / independent film/studio operations), and will be a valuable member of the support team for the client as well as BondIt. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the terms and conditions under which the BondIt loans are structured, closed, and enforced upon. The candidate should have demonstrated experience delivering films and media assets to the various stakeholders involved in the exploitation of film and TV projects.
* Provide loan structure guidance and analysis assistance to BondIt portfolio clients;
* Work with BondIt VP of Finance and other team members in recommending appropriate structure, e.g., financial and non-financial covenants, and any special approval conditions to enhance delivery and collection efforts;
* Provide expertise and support in negotiating, documenting, and achieving full delivery status for BondIt portfolio client projects to clear loan balances within the contracted timeframe of each loan;
* Facilitate daily client communications (email, phone, and in-person when applicable) on each BondIt portfolio loan position to provide real-time reporting both internally and externally regarding BondIt producer/borrower status;
* Facilitate daily payor/obligor communications (email, phone, and in-person when applicable) on each BondIt portfolio loan position to provide real-time reporting both internally and externally regarding BondIt payor/obligor status;
* Assist with the monitoring of the total loan portfolio through report preparation, assistance, and maintenance as requested by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer as well as external stakeholders including capital partners;
* Work with the VP of Finance and Associate as well as other BondIt team members to best navigate problem-solving for delivery acceptance and collection efforts;
* Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building + problem-solving both internally and with BondIt clients, payors, and partners;
* World-class communication skills across timeliness and strategy across email, phone, and in-person dialogues including the ability to write clear and concise credit, collection, and production correspondence;
* Exceptional organizational skills to collect, document, and share pertinent information as necessary
* Exceptional credit/analytical skills to analyze BondIt risk information in real-time and provide strategic recommendations to improve and refine best practices
* Capability to independently and proactively manage various relationships and effectively oversee multiple priorities with rigid timelines;
* Ability to advocate persuasively both with clients (borrowers) as well as payors (distributor/obligors) with forceful negotiations while maintaining relationships;
* Ability to learn and multitask efficiently while managing tight deadlines;
* Expertise in financial computer applications (primarily Microsoft Excel) and database management tools including Zoho CRM and Google Sheets;
* At least five years of media (film and TV preferred) finance, production, and/or delivery + distribution experience;
* Credit analysis training or experience is preferred, if available.
· A college degree with a focus in the areas of finance, economics or accounting is preferred
· An emphasis on film and TV production, finance, delivery, and distribution experience is required;
· Formal credit training preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
· Annual salary based on experience;
· Participation in BondIt company benefit programs (Health, Dental, etc);
· Consideration for BondIt bonus and KPI pool based upon performance;
· [1-2] day remote workability with the remainder in Los Angeles, CA offices;
· Significant growth opportunities within a highly entrepreneurial environment and company?