Full Time Job
We are Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance
rights in nearly 13 million musical works created and owned by more than 900,000 songwriters, composers and publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements
and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public.
Headquartered in New York, BMI has a rich history in the music industry. It was founded with a then-groundbreaking open door policy welcoming all genres of music, and today,
BMI’s repertoire features a wide range of compositions from chart toppers to perennial favorites that are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year.
BMI is proud to have many long-term loyal team members who uphold core values of integrity, dedication, inclusion & respect, accountability & team work, adaptability & courage and effective communication.
We are seeking a new Vice President (VP), Creative for our Nashville location. The VP creates and maintains relationships with songwriters, artists and publishers worldwide and within the music community at large.
The following are examples of the essential functions for this role:
• Create and sustain Industry relationships in the music business to build BMI’s presence as leader in the music community; across several genres.
• Optimize relationships to deliver greater market share and favorable catalog assets.
• Lead a team in establishing and maintaining close working relationships with established writers and publishers, their agents, managers and attorneys.
• Proactively follow current and emerging music trends to facilitate a constant flow of new music to build BMI’s market share across all genres.
• Demonstrate an ability to identify budding talent and then a willingness to support, foster and grow talent while connecting and maintaining business relationships.
• Address issues unique within diverse music communities while at the same time aligning to the value, principles and strategies for BMI. Keep management apprised of sensitive and urgent issues that could require corporate engagement and support.
• Offer solutions to issues that consider the interests of multiple parties.
• Work with the Creative leadership team to define innovative songwriter/ composer developmental strategies that will attract and develop new writers and composers to ensure diversity and growth in BMI’s repertoire.
• Lead and participate in Creative recognition events ranging from small congratulatory dinners to the large award events.
• Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to develop branding and promotional strategies that position BMI and its affiliates as a strong creative and business-minded force within a variety of music communities.
• Formulate and monitor annual budgets and provide guidance on cost controls to align with organizational strategies.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• This position requires a University degree in related field required; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Qualified candidates should have a Minimum 10 years’ experience in an executive position interfacing with creators, users and/or rights owners.
• At least five years’ in management roles.
• An awareness and thorough understanding of the publishing arena is preferred.
• Experience working with a large network of industry professionals.