Vice President Creative, Latin
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a new Vice President (VP), Creative for our Latin market. The role is based in Los Angeles. The VP creates and maintains relationships with songwriters, artists and publishers worldwide and within the music community at large. The following are examples of the essential functions for this role:
• Create and sustain Industry relationships in the music business to build BMI’s presence as leader in the Latin music community.
• Optimize relationships to deliver greater market share and favorable catalog assets.
• Lead a team in establishing and maintaining close working relationships with established writers and publishers, their agents, managers and attorneys.
• Proactively follow current and emerging music trends to facilitate a constant flow of new music to build BMI’s market share across all genres and platforms within Latin.
• Demonstrate an ability to identify budding talent and then a willingness to support, foster and grow talent while connecting and maintaining business relationships.
• Address issues unique within the Latin music community while at the same time aligning to the value, principles and strategies for BMI. Keep management apprised of sensitive and urgent issues that could require corporate engagement and support. Offer solutions to issues that consider the interests of multiple parties.
• Work with the Creative leadership team to define innovative songwriter/ composer developmental strategies that will attract and develop new writers and composers to ensure diversity and growth in BMI’s repertoire.
• Lead and participate in Creative recognition events ranging from small congratulatory dinners to the large award events.
• Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to develop branding and promotional strategies that position BMI and its affiliates as a strong creative and business-minded force within the Latin music community.
• Formulate and monitor annual budgets for Latin and provide guidance on cost controls to align with organizational strategies.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a University degree in related field required; Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Qualified candidates should have a Minimum 10 years’ experience in an executive position interfacing with creators, users and/or rights owners. Must be bi-lingual and able to speak and write in Spanish. At least five years’ in management roles. An awareness and thorough understanding of the publishing arena is preferred. Experience working with a large network of industry professionals.