Sr. Windows System Administrator
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Microsoft Windows environment. The sysadmin will serve as a technical expert in the area of Windows administration and monitoring.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots operating problems with server hardware and application software.
• Diagnosis hardware and software problems and recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs.
• Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
• Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role
• Experienced System administration who has 5 years of system administration with Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 operating systems.
• Expert in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and Group Policy.
• Expert in maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
• Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM/SCCM.
• Successfully Implemented Microsoft Clustering technology – Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 platforms.
• Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
• Successfully implemented On-Prem Microsoft Exchange move to Microsoft Azure cloud.
• Strong scripting experience with Powershell is preferred
• Research and assess future technology options to support technology growth and maturity.
• Ability to provide technical leadership, mentorship and knowledge sharing for other technical staff in the department.
• Strong communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with other systems technical staff, internal business customers, and external consultants and vendors.
License(s)/Certifications Required: GSEC or GCWN a plus
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.