Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst
Full Time Job
Broadcast Music, Inc., dba BMI. Nashville, TN. Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst. This role brings business areas and Information Technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both. It is a role to investigate and analyze complex problems and/or requirements from a business perspective and design solutions that align to the business goals and remain within technical guardrails.
• Work closely with IT and business leaders to prioritize business goals and information needs. Interpret a project and the business requirements, evaluating all the options, working with developers/architects to understand software limitations.
• Examine existing/new business models, flows of data and discuss findings with the business owner/BA and technical team as applicable.
• Deliver mined data model with entities and attributes used by existing system(s); include data migration mapping.
• Write/refine user stories, user manuals and, as needed, data dictionaries, that translate the business requirements into a consumable piece of work for developers to code against and QA to test from.
• Provide artifacts such as wireframes, data flows, etc. to support that effort. Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving requirements and technology trends. Deliver both functional and non-functional requirements (business rules). Mentor peers with best practices and expertise.
• Demonstrate expertise in designing the most efficient and cost-effective solutions. Demonstrate expertise in the design of, and migration to, new platforms.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS), computer science, or a technical engineering field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with royalty distribution systems, to include five (5) years’ mainframe development experience with legacy systems and five (5) years’ strong hands-on experience in the following technical areas: DB2 for ZOS; COBOL II; MVS JCL; CICS; TSO/ISPF; Microsoft Office Including Visio.
• Three (3) years of agile / scrum team and Microsoft SQL Experience.
• Strong knowledge of data analysis using SQL, ER diagrams and other tools.
• Demonstrated experience in learning new technologies quickly.
• Expertise mocking up user interface requirements using prototyping.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability.