Sr. License Administration Analyst
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the digital audio marketplace, experience in music rights management and royalty accounting, and a balanced portfolio of skills that includes data querying, analysis, change management, and client communication.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Monitor developments to BMI’s repertory – e.g. new signings and product releases, to ensure BMI is positioned to make timely and accurate claims.
• Interface with BMI’s Creative and Administration teams to facilitate affiliate outreach designed to obtain work registrations or missing documentation. This includes prioritizing efforts based on revenue impact.
• Develop new strategies in collaboration with the Creative and Administration teams for accelerating works registration across different affiliate segments through the application of new tools, partnerships, or policies.
• Collaborate with Administration Team and external stakeholders to develop new approaches to prevent and resolve conflicts.
• As directed by departmental leadership, assist in executing strategies designed to enrich BMI’s data assets and increase the “claimability” of BMI’s diverse repertory across different digital platforms.
• Maintain knowledge of direct licenses to ensure that they are contemplated during the claims process.
• Assert ad-hoc claims based on client inquiries.
License Administration (Revenue):
• Coordinate operational activities to optimize sequencing of key tasks within the larger claiming process; recommend new procedures, scheduling details, or quality control measures as informed by continuous process review.
• Work with Licensing, IT, and the relevant areas within Distribution & Administration to implement and onboard new claims-based licenses. This will require an understanding of digital service license agreements and policies.
• Maintain knowledge of the rules and methodologies that drive BMI claiming activities.
• Provide licensing with analysis and/or information to assist them with forecasting and budgeting of digital licensing revenues.
• Perform income analysis to understand drivers of BMI revenue across digital service platform and digital service product offerings. This includes understanding segmentation by writer, publisher, genre, sound recording owner, and territory of origin.
• Assist Leadership in identifying new strategies for revenue optimization at the licensee and product levels.
• Analyze unclaimed performance files to identify unclaimed performances of registered, unregistered, and partially registered compositions. Determine missed revenue opportunities.
• Apply insights acquired from unclaimed performance analysis to inform technical and procedural improvements
• Study change reports to identify trends in metadata maintenance and identify causes of modification in the upstream supply chain; assess impact to BMI and advise accordingly.
• As process improvements are defined and implemented, assist in conducting quality assurance testing prior to deployment.
• Continuously analyze key metrics of the digital audio sector to identify trends, both for quality assurance and insights; develop new means of enriching institutional knowledge of the digital marketplace.
• Maintain knowledge of licensee data management practices and proficiency with licensee rights management platforms; assist in defining BMI’s needs from licensees.
• Assist with analytical exercises designed to inform the Digital Audio team’s distribution decisions.
• Research client inquiries focused on claims-based income; provide guidance and subject matter expertise to Research and Client Support teams
• In collaboration with Data Analysis teams, develop new reports to distill and package insights in increasingly clear, intuitive, and user-friendly formats. Assist in development of dashboards to make the continuous analysis of the digital audio sector more efficient.
• As required, support discussions and communications with BMI Clients.
• Support various business initiatives and projects as it relates to data analysis and reporting.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree; requisite experiences preferred over specific field of study.
• Understanding of BI and Data Warehouse Database Concepts.
• Understanding of Music Copyright and the Digital Ecosystem.
• Minimum two (2) years with related experience and/or a combination of the required technical skills listed below:
• Copyright Management
• Query scripting
• Account management
• Production control
• Working experience with various BI Reporting Tools
• Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of data required
• Demonstrated ability to explore and quickly grasp technologies, data models, and business processes
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Highly collaborative; ability to work with multiple individuals with varying skillsets.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Results driven
• Attention to detail; strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Relationship skills
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.