Sr. Analyst, Royalty Accounting
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining writer and publisher royalty accounts; assisting with distribution and collaborating with Creative, Distribution & Administrative Services and Legal Departments.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Responsible for the electronic payment processes, including set up, returns, discrepancies, and communication with the bank and affiliate.
• Process stop payments, voids, reissues, release withheld monies, charges, withholds, child support payments, advance payments and royalty adjustments.
• Interpret legal contracts for advances.
• Interpret levy correspondence and provide timely responses to agencies and affiliates. as well as internal communication for processing.
• Responsible for transmission of bank files and retrieving confirmations.
• Responsible for daily review of bank statements and reports.
• Assist with daily reconciliations and monthly close processes.
• Assist with maintaining department’s procedural documentation.
• Assist with distribution including the processing of exceptions.
• Open and sort mail for processing.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist in implementation and training.
• Work closely with and provide support to other departments to maintain accounts and support songwriters and publishers.
• Volunteer support to the team and assist with special assignments or tasks as needed.
• Provide support to the Sr. Manager, Royalty Accounting Distribution in escheat processing and reconciliation of foreign files.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate degree in business field or commensurate experience is acceptable.
• Minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Ability to understand related accounting policies and procedures.
• Exceptional attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
• Continuous Learning: Demonstrates a desire and drive to acquire necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to best serve the needs of the department. Demonstrates the ability to reflect on and learn from experiences.
• Strong relationship building skills: Works collaboratively to develop positive working relationships in a team environment focused on quality and customer service.
• Communication: Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills. Understands, complies with, and appropriately communicates relevant policies and processes.
• Integrity: Earns others’ trust by behaving in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
• Accountability: Willingness to accept full responsibility in meeting performance expectations. Displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays strong commitment to the success of the department.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability