Specialist, Digital Licensing Operations
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide support for both new sales and existing account customer service. Act as service expert from both a technical and user perspective from the sales process through to license execution and booking. Provide various account maintenance duties for existing licensees. Support new and existing clients with various customer service inquiries. Provide support to Digital Licensing department leaders, and team as needed; including research, reporting, and technical support.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Along with part time Digital Licensing Representative, manage sales case load with outreach efforts to effectively communicate BMI’s position to prospects. Secure proper license agreements to meet and/or exceed, Digital Licensing sales goals.
• Explore, review, and test potential new services and expanded offerings from current licensed services in the digital space. Produce and present reports of findings to management with recommendations, including potential revenue and sales approach where applicable.
• Support BDS team with lead verification – from raw lead to validated prospect. Update internal systems with lead activities.
• Determine licensing opportunity type for all leads and categorize, with particular consideration of opportunity quality. Conduct industry and market research in various new verticals – determine market size, revenue potential and types of music use.
• Assist in the marketing function and develop licensing campaign plans for approval by management.
• Provide ad hoc support including industry research, report building/generating, and team support as needed.
• Create and maintain analysis of KPIs on prospecting and sales process. Continue to seek ways to improve both the prospecting and sales processes with this analysis and report/propose to management.
• Support and assist in the sales process, particularly when specialized knowledge of prospect or further research is required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Resolve customer phone, email, and website inquiries from new potential licensees, as well as existing licensees including contact information updates, license status changes, billing/payment questions, etc. Escalate to appropriate team members, as needed.
• Help with review of existing licensees reporting obligations. Create reports of findings for operations manager.
• Help with audit of existing licensees for proper music use and/or financial reporting. Create reports of findings for operations manager.
• Help compile and review Impaired/Suspended Accounts for music use after cancellation.
• Help maintain high data integrity of all Digital Licensing leads, opportunities, accounts, etc., in Salesforce.
• Where possible, identify logistical inefficiencies in all Digital Licensing processes and systems and propose solutions to management.
• Regular attendance
• Other duties as assigned
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of the Digital media sector as evidenced by a strong command of the current leading companies, trends of music use, and able to articulate the user experience and preferences.
• Technical understanding of digital streaming platforms.
• Knowledge of copyright law is preferred.
• Two years related experience in Digital media and sales is preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills including working experience with the Internet, mobile devices, applications and gaming consoles
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
• Experience with database management and data entry
• Results Focus – Output Orientation
• Team Orientation
• Time Management
• Personal Energy/Enthusiasm
• Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce
• Contact center knowledge and best practices including customer relationship management (CRM) experience such as Salesforce; fluent with Microsoft Office Suite
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.