Social Media Coordinator
BMINew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2021 12:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Coordinator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Coordinator? Part-Time Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is an important member of BMI’s Corporate Communication and Marketing team. The position plays an integral role in implementing social media strategies, growing BMI’s social media channels, and building engagement with followers. This role utilizes a strong passion and knowledge of all things social media and the digital marketing landscape and must keep up with social media trends and music industry news.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Help plan and execute one-off prominent social activations that include songwriters, composers and/or sponsors such as livestreams, social takeovers and video projects.
• Create and implement weekly and monthly social calendars that highlight what has been done on social.
• Be an active contributor to the social media section of BMI’s e-newsletter, The Weekly.
• Participate and brainstorm ideas across departments to cultivate social-first campaigns, big and small, tied to content priorities.
• Assist with managing the road from brainstorm through execution on greenlit ideas.
• Research new ideas for BMI’s social media channels based on new platform features.
• This role will work closely with our team of Social Media Ambassadors in our various offices.
• Sourcing, scheduling and posting content across all of BMI’s social channels.
• Serves as backup along with the Communication Associate when the Senior Manager, Social Media is out of the office.
• Foster conversations on social to build engaged audiences.
• Monitor relevant topics, news stories, and brand mentions and provide suggestions for real-time engagement.
Research and Analytics
• Assist with gathering social media analytics from BMI events such as award shows, festivals and more.
• Keep abreast of industry trends/technologies and contribute meaningful recommendations based on BMI’s strategic direction.
• Compile and provide music industry trends from our digital service partners like Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
• Discover and compile interesting and relevant third-party content such as blog posts, breaking news, photo coverage and videos.
• Regular attendance.
• Work closely with team members at all levels across the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience primarily in social media or digital marketing, successfully implementing similar tasks as above.
• Creativity (Enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinker with exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills.
• Experience with managing multiple social media platforms, creating new accounts, as well as developing and executing social campaigns.
• Basic video and photo editing skills and be familiar with tools/apps like iMovie, Adobe Spark Post, Canva, etc.
• Working knowledge of various social media tools like Sprout Social, Union Metrics, Preview app and more.
• Analytical ability (Able to understand both the big picture and the details; develop steps to execute projects and measure outcome.)
• Strong Relationship Skills (Ability and willingness to work across departments with both internal and external contacts.)
• Strong Organization Skills (Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.)
• Strong Communication skills (Demonstrated ability to facilitate communication and understanding among colleagues, executives, and external contacts.)
• Ability to adapt to various styles of requests; quick learner who takes direction and feedback well. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.