Service Desk Technician
Full Time Job
Service Desk Technician I - Na
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing entry level support for hardware, software and mobile device issues. The technician works directly with end users both in-person and remotely depending on the situation. This person handles “first call resolution” to resolve issues quickly or dispatches to the appropriate team.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Identify and initiate resolutions to basic client device issues and concerns associated with office automation equipment including the following:
• Physical workstations
• Windows desktops and laptops
• Windows virtual workstations
• Mobile Devices
• Workstation peripherals including (but not limited to):
• Input devices (keyboards, mice, etc)
• Local printers
• Enterprise multi-function printers
• Paper jams
• Engage service provider as needed for additional maintenance
• Plan and coordinate the installation and implementation of office automation hardware and software per department standards and procedures.
• Maintain software and hardware to provide manual upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
• Uphold the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommend new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to enterprise users of personal computers.
• Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration or related field preferred.
• Two years providing hardware/software technical support in a corporate environment
• Two years supporting client workstation hardware
• Two years supporting enterprise level multi-function printers
• Two years supporting Windows OS in a corporate environment
• One year supporting MacOS in a corporate environment
• Proficiency in installing and supporting various types of PC software, hardware and peripherals.
• Familiarity with network topology and the ability to discern networking issues when troubleshooting reported issues.
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
• Strong customer service skills
***This job is not eligible for remote work.***
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.