Senior / Executive Director, Digital Licensing
BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Directs licensing negotiations and manages relationships with digital licensee accounts. The role oversees the Digital Licensing team, which encompasses sales, financial analysis, customer service & account relations, and CRM technology management. Additionally, the Executive Director ensures consistency within BMI’s digital agreements among the varying industries licensed by BMI.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Lead activities of the Digital Licensing team, located in New York and Nashville, including broad sales and client relationship management for new and existing licensees, spanning multiple industries (music, film/tv, social media, e-fitness, gaming etc.).
• Directly negotiate agreements with digital licensees, ensuring consistency throughout our agreements, while maximizing revenue and balancing resources needed for negotiations or post-execution administration.
• Develop relationships with new and emerging digital businesses as well as maintaining BMI’s relationship with the existing licensing base of digital properties.
• Track emerging markets and trends in digital entertainment and collaborate with the team on strategic planning to maximize BMI’s position.
• Identify and raise potential issues to Sr. Management.
• Meet revenue and operational goals set by management each fiscal year and provide feedback on monthly and annual targets.
• Lead and direct the work of others ensuring appropriate oversight and results from our sales outreach and licensee compliance processes.
• Interface with other BMI departments such as legal, accounting, collections, operations and others to ensure that all “shared service” departments have the information and expertise they need to process and disburse royalty receipts from the Digital Licensing group.
• Represent company at industry events.
• Act as a resource both internally and externally to address questions regarding digital media and digital music copyright, along with specific questions about BMI.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum ten years’ experience in digital entertainment in either a rights management or digital service environment, music publishing related roles preferred
• Thorough understanding of digital entertainment business models and leading companies (music, film/tv, social media, e-fitness, gaming, etc.)
• Proven record of outside sales success in the digital space
• At least seven years’ managing staff
• At least fifteen years’ overall business experience
• In depth knowledge of the US and global digital rights marketplace
• Proven track record in building new business relationships
• Network of contacts in digital media and publishing
• Proven ability to close and maximize new business and generate
• Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion and innovate, when appropriate
• Ability to analyze client data reports to determine trends and their potential financial impact on inherent business
• Ability to analyze and interpret licensing agreements and other legal documents
• Ability to lead a team and inspire them to provide superlative customer service
• Ability to successfully manage internal relationships within the company to ensure that proper administration, billings, music use reporting and account maintenance are performed by the proper shared service departments
• Excellent communication and presentation skills