Senior Director, Latin - LA
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Increase BMI’s market share by developing and strengthening working relationships with songwriters, composers, music publishers, artists, producers, music industry professionals and other tastemakers to attract and retain creative talent specifically for the Latin music genre.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Creates and maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Develops, sustains and manages the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments.
• Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Latin music industry executives and professionals.
• Develops relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Presents programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
• Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the Latin music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Attends Latin music industry events as a representative of BMI.
• Educates the music community on the role and function of BMI.
• Acts as a liaison between Creative team members and senior management, and interacts with creative executives from other BMI offices in order to recruit and retain affiliates most desirable to BMI
• Listens to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
• Analyze affiliates’ royalty income to project future earnings to support a bank loan.
• Negotiate with writers and publishers to continue their BMI affiliation and manage termination requests.
• Works with senior leaders on special projects, such as showcases, studies, and meetings, as requested.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in the music industry; preferably Latin music industry.
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
• Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
• Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
$110,000.00 - $150,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below
What We Give to You:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
401K with employer match
Flexible spending accounts
Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
12 paid calendar holidays
Paid volunteer time off
Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
Company paid life insurance
Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
Tuition assistance for qualified team members
Commuter benefits (New York)
Amazing and engaging culture
Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.