Senior Director, Creative / Writer, Publisher Relations
BMINew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/13/2023 11:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Senior Director, Creative / Writer, Publisher Relations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Creative / Writer, Publisher Relations postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Recruits and assists prospective writers, publishers, producers and artists to BMI by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
LOCATION: New York, NY office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Secure writers and publishers to aide in registering new songs and new writers.
• Utilize social media outlets to brand BMI events and create awareness of BMI events (YouTube, Facebook, twitter).
• Provide BMI with sponsors that fit the BMI brand to keep costs for events and programming at a minimum.
• Drive and influence partnerships for sponsorship opportunities in collaboration with the strategy for strategic partnerships. Generate payments for events.
• Recruit new and promising songwriters, producers, and music publishers.
• Drive the relationship between BMI and its established affiliates.
• Evaluate affiliate royalty earnings to determine advances or guarantees.
• Solve various problems that arise between BMI and its affiliates.
• Negotiate with writers and publishers to continue their affiliation and resolve conflicts to reduce termination requests.
• Establish and maintain relationships with music industry executives and professionals.
• Represent BMI on music and business-related panels both locally and nationally.
• Create and manage the relationship between BMI affiliates and the music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Work with senior executives to lead special projects, such as BMI Unsigned Urban Showcase, the BMI Urban Awards and BMI trailblazers of Gospel Awards.
• Analyze Billboards Data to determine the BMI Urban Awards top producers each year. Recommend award recipients.
• Conduct site visits to determine locations of various BMI events and negotiate those deals.
• Attend studio sessions to check in and support current affiliates and their upcoming projects.
• Regular attendance
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivated a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum seven years’ experience in the music industry.
• Judgment ability. (Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong relationship skills. (Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.)
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Attention to detail (strong proofreading skills).
• Strong organization and planning skills.
• Expert knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
• Expert knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
$105,000.00 - $120,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
401K with employer match
Flexible spending accounts
Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
12 paid calendar holidays
Paid volunteer time off
Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
Company paid life insurance
Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
Tuition assistance for qualified team members
Commuter benefits (New York)
Amazing and engaging culture
Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.