Part Time Job
Part-Time Research Associate
Performs research and development activities that support the goals of revenue generation. These activities include delivery of new business leads for Licensing Sales along with research and verification needs for the Licensing Customer Relations and Accounting & Finance Collections teams. Research is conducted using the telephone, internet, and other systems to discover licensable music use.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Performs pro-active outbound calling to various markets to identify licensable music use and create Sales opportunities from lead campaigns and other sources.
• Conducts verification activity on active customers, including confirmation of music profile changes, ownership changes, account maintenance, pre-calls, fee adjustments, license renewals, report forms, correspondence, and customer inquiries.
• Meets or exceeds performance targets, including KPIs, call center metrics, and performance goals.
• Preparation of report forms and license fee schedules as needed.
• Research via telephone, internet, and other relevant systems and information sources.
• Update customer relationship management (CRM) system with findings.
• Assist with administrative functions such as mail, ad hoc reports, and checking voicemail.
• Perform other duties and projects as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in an office environment preferred. Customer service/telephone experience required.
• Telephone skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Research skills
• Data entry skills
• Database maintenance skills
• Detail oriented