BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assist executives in the Distribution and Administration department in various capacities, such as providing support with research, inquiry resolution, on-going projects and general administrative tasks.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Conduct research to identify external and internal administration/distribution related issues. Provide results to management, implement corrective measures, and if warranted, proceed with an adjustment request.
• Assist with special projects involving administration and/or distribution related issues.
• Conduct research of accounts with withheld royalties and prepare release request or an adjustment. Escalate discrepancies to manager.
• Navigate and conduct research from various web and database platforms.
• Communicate with BMI affiliates as required.
• Prepare expenses.
• General administrative duties: answering phones, filing, copying.
• Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained.
• Create and manage weekly and/or monthly withheld royalties reports.
• Provide summary report on completed projects.
• Supports our BMI Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year related experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in basic math skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Results driven.
• Able to establish constructive and informative relationships with employees, management and industry colleagues.
• Able to interact professionally with a diverse employee population and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with music industry preferred.