Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will leverage strong analytical skills to perform various activities from research, problem solving/analysis, coordination of resolution through to communication.
• Complete research, analysis and problem solve inquiries from both internal and external sources including Creative, Royalty Accounting, Legal, Licensing, and other areas of Distribution Administration Services. Examples of inquiries range from researching payment comparisons, missing royalty payments, and payment discrepancies.
• Review and calculate royalty adjustments to BMI writers and publishers. This includes review and verification of the adjustment request to ensure appropriateness, research to ensure all related issues have been considered, and preparation of royalty calculation.
• Review and perform in-depth quality-assurance to ensure an accurate and complete quarterly distribution. Based on identification of issues determine appropriate course of action.
• Provide various forms of royalty earnings analysis.
• Provide analysis or data in response to Legal Subpoenas.
• Support various business initiatives and projects as it relates to research and analysis.
• Understand all aspects of the distribution supply chain, including data structures, business processes, and distribution methodologies.
• Stay abreast of current industry trends relevant to BMI’s business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree required w/ background in Music Business and/or Finance.
• Minimum three years of relevant experiences with Royalties, Music Publishing or transferable skills as listed below.
• Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and general proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Knowledge or working experience with data mining/BI.
• Use of SQL is preferred.
• Critical Thinking skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to Detail.
• Strong Organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Relationship skills.