Repertoire Quality Analyst
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensure the accuracy and completeness of song registrations for the purpose of licensing and distribution. Perform quality assurance activities to increase the accuracy of existing and future repertoire.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Review songs based on priorities to ensure registrations are accurate and complete for licensing and distribution purposes. This includes research of 3rd party databases, communication with internal and external customers, and other related research activities.
• Research and request missing registrations based on prioritization.
• Review various audit reports to assess the accuracy of individual song registrations and/or catalogs.
• Identify trends and patterns with song registration issues and recommend solutions for future prevention.
• Utilize various tools to research, analyze and determine root-cause of identified counterclaims and conflicts.
• Determine appropriate actions to resolve conflicts, communicate findings with internal and external customers, and update systems and documentation as needed.
• Analyze, interpret, and take appropriate action on documentation from members and/or other PROs in response to conflict inquiries.
• As applicable, submit updates directly to 3rd party portals.
• Assist Admin Leadership in tracking various KPIs and metrics.
• As necessary, provide detailed instructions for registration and performance identification updates.
• Prepare and submit adjustment requests as necessary.
• Analyze issues for trends and patterns to assist Admin Leadership in developing solutions for system enhancements.
• Communicate BMI’s repertoire and agreement policies and procedures to internal and external customers.
• Support various business initiatives and projects as it relates to repertoire management.
• Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented, and maintained.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the music industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• May possess a working knowledge of the music industry, music publishing, and copyright administration.
• Experience working with systems, reports, word processors, and spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally, both written and verbally, with a diverse population of internal and external customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Independent thinker who is self-motivated and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Effectively use research skills to solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability.