BMILos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Assists the Film, TV, & Visual Media department by performing primarily administrative duties.
LOCATION:Los Angeles, CA office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Handles daily incoming general calls, mail, faxes and e-mails regarding statements, cue sheets, membership, applications, publisher information and anything that pertains to film/TV royalties.
• Screens incoming calls and responds appropriately following established procedures and guidelines.
• Organizes and maintains filing system and contact database.
• Generates expense reports, check requests, value letters and department related correspondence.
• Assists with special projects and event coordination.
• Researches information on composers, songwriters, publishers, films, television and soundtracks as needed.
• Maintains relations with film/TV composers and songwriters; researching performing rights questions and statements.
• Greets scheduled visitors and delivers to appropriate area or person.
• Assists with workshops, including; videotaping, securing supplies, and on-site participation.
• Schedule flexibility to support special events as needed outside of normal business hours
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum two years’ administrative experience
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must have great customer service skills; problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets, preferred
• Able to establish a professional, constructive, personable and informative relationship with affiliates, internal corporate relations, departmental employees and management
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, including special projects and events
• Strong typing and proofreading skills
• Working knowledge of the music industry, preferred
Team members who are expected to work in BMI offices, travel for business, or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf must submit proof of vaccination unless contrary to state regulations or a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.