Market Research Analyst
Full Time Job
Are you a life-long learner with a strong desire to dig deep on issues? Do you enjoy presenting information and sharing knowledge with others? If the answer is yes, BMI has the perfect job that will help build you into a knowledge leader and go to resource for problem solving. Our Market Research Analyst will leverage their strong analytical skills and critical thinking to evaluate emerging music industry trends, conduct research to inform business decisions and provide support to team members in understanding complex industry topics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Monitor and identify emerging music industry business trends to facilitate an understanding of the current landscape and new capabilities within the marketplace.
• Identify competitive threats and opportunities and define a strategic approach to new challenges within the industry through collaboration with various team members.
• Assist with assessing prospective industry partners through due diligence of business models, capabilities, competitors, financial growth, and potential strategic impacts.
• Evaluate the marketplace for prospective strategic partnerships to address a specific capability or business need in alignment with BMI’s overall strategic plan.
• Keep management informed of issues that could impact the industry and provide recommendations to address the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Work closely with business partners and business teams to develop internal educational materials on complex music industry topics and present materials to various audiences.
• Provide support to implement strategic processes and policy changes in alignment with the company’s overall strategic plan and core values.
• Represents Corporate Planning in projects and meetings as directed.
• Regular Attendance.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor's or equivalent required with a background in Music Business preferred.
• Minimum three years of relevant work experience (market research, market data research, etc..)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to organize and present complex research and analysis results in a simplified visual format.
• Utilizes critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity in approaching assignments.
• Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Capacity for establishing positive working relationships and adapting to shifting priorities and timelines.
• Demonstrates initiative and willingness to participate in educational opportunities and industry events.
• Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications and other applicable technology. Expert excel level skills.
If you are the ideal candidate your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify any experiences related to the job requirements and the ideal candidate described above.