Manager, Data Delivery
Full Time Job
Works closely with stakeholders including developers, architects, technical staff and business clients to establish the technical implementation approach and provides the technical direction and guidance to the development team to deliver a consistent data product. Participates to deliver solutions in a complex production environment including disparate legacy data environments, multi-tenant systems, high volume structured and unstructured data. The responsibilities include technical leadership and oversight, providing realistic estimates of engineering effort, adherence to architectural standards and directing, or influencing the work of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Provides leadership during the development and implementation of team initiatives including working with application development, technical support and operations teams during design, development and implementation
• Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business partners, customers and IT personnel including Architects, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Scrum Masters, Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance.
• Stays informed about technology innovations within the industry and contributes to thought leadership by presenting on these topics to internal partners
• Assists in promoting team solutions and capabilities through aligning features and benefits of to user and business leader needs
• Participates in and/or leads meetings between key constituents to discuss new products, resolve open issues and provide progress updates
• Works with and through cross functional teams to help architect and estimate software solutions.
• Provides technical leadership on all assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with BMI’s business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC. This includes understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, monitoring development and testing efforts, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, and supporting deployment of the product.
• Leads all aspects of multiple projects concurrently consisting of both business as usual and/or strategically forward thinking initiatives.
• Maintains technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, uses good judgment to determine best applications for BMI and works with management and development teams when evaluating new technologies.
• Mentors developers, analysts and quality assurance team members and ensures relevant on boarding is provided.
• May directly supervise consultants and/or team members.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: As applicable, directly supervises departmental team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring the reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Seven (7) or more years of database development experience
• Three (3) or more years of technical leadership experience; subject matter expertise
• In-depth delivery experience in OLAP Data Warehousing in Microsoft stack (SSIS, SSAS). Azure SQL and Azure DW preferred)
• Strong SQL experience, T-SQL preferred, PL-SQL a plus, NO-SQL a plus.
• Experience with industry standard messaging and communication protocols
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position)
• Strong relationship building and team skills
• Ability to analyze complex problems or opportunities and identify and define solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
• Well versed with Scrum SDLC or other Agile SDLC
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
• Able to deal with ambiguity and create direction
• Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, can manage multiple tasks from start to completion with limited supervision
• Knowledge of entertainment industry preferred