Full Time Job
Leads the day-to-day activities of processing affiliation agreements, including assigning team member performance goals, monitoring team member productivity and accuracy, escalating issues, and assisting cross-functional leadership with other affiliation-related processes to ensure complete and accurate affiliations and royalty payments.
BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Manage a team of affiliation processors to ensure productivity goals are achieved.
• Prioritize, assign, monitor, and report on team member processing and other performance goals.
• Manage end-to-end workflows involved in all types of application and affiliation related processes.
• Ensure all workflows are fully documented and kept up-to-date.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Support day-to-day activities across the team by answering questions as they arise and addressing team needs.
• Train and coach team members to improve overall knowledge, quality, and throughput.
• Receive and process affiliation agreements, including complex catalog management.
• Handle all post-affiliation related processes, including tax-related and termination processes.
• Assists Creative and other internal customers with high-value, priority affiliations.
• Contributes to operational development and transformation efforts and UAT initiatives.
• Interact with the Agreements, Works and Repertoire Quality teams regarding account data quality tied to affiliations and terminations.
• Receive, research, and respond to escalated affiliation inquiries from affiliates, internal, and external customers.
• Effectively communicate BMI policies, practices and procedures to internal and external customers relating to affiliation.
• Assist with other department processes as needed.
• Work on special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years external experience in administration/operational field, music business, music, publishing, or at least (3) years in BMI related field. Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Basic computer navigation skills including Word, Excel and general proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Relationship and team building skills
• Attention to detail (strong proofreading skills)
• Planning and organization skills
• Strong critical thinking skills
The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience, and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 12 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.