Mail Center Associate
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the BMI Mail Center. Manage and process inbound and outbound mail and shipments, run mail center equipment and printers, execute schedules, and meet deadlines for various company related applications such as monthly billing and royalty distributions. Prepare and deliver various documents as needed.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, the team member is expected in the office four (4) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Manage and process all inbound and outbound mail, including ground shipments, express shipments, freight, and other correspondence addressed to or from BMI.
• Drive to and from the post office daily.
• Retrieve and drop off mail and shipments.
• Sort and distribute mail and shipments.
• Perform multiple mail runs throughout the building daily.
• Track FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipments for customers.
• Ensure quality control in both printing and mailing processes.
• Control and manage inventory of mail center supplies.
• Perform special assignments as directed by management.
• Perform data entry to accomplish routine and special assignments.
• Assist with all deliveries and pickups from loading dock.
• Serve as backup for the Document Services area which includes printing, inserting, and working with other equipment.
• Maintain database for trans-file document storage.
• Maintain trans-file storage area by inserting and retrieving boxes of files for document owners.
• Assist with recycling services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, standing, talking, hearing, walking, lifting, and driving.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Frequent lifting of 5 – 60 lb. items.
• Frequent standing for long periods of time.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, specifically, a mail inserter machine. The employee is exposed to all types of weather, including, wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold and heat. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum one year experience in a mail center environment.
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Prior experience processing inbound/outbound mail, shipments, etc.
• Must be able to lift 5 to 60 lbs. on a consistent basis
• Knowledge of PC and software/internet systems related to FedEx, UPS, maintain Mail Center inventory of supplies, etc.
• Good attendance and punctuality required/ability to operate in schedule and deadline driven environment.
• Must be insurable and possess clean driver’s license and be able to safely operate company owned vehicle.
• Must be able to safely operate mail inserter equipment and various printing equipment.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
For the health and safety of our staff, all team members who are expected to work in BMI offices or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and pre-approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.