Executive Director, Digital Business Development
BMINew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2023 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Executive Director, Digital Business Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Director, Digital Business Development postings
Full Time Job
Oversees higher-value licensing negotiations and relationships with many of BMI’s major digital accounts, including management of direct license negotiation and agreement ownership. Works with all Licensing senior management, on key partner and market-level matters, to develop strategy and ensure consistency of licensing across all Media and Digital markets. Manages the Account Relations team member in their partnership marketing work with major digital accounts. Directly manages other team members and engages with other BMI departments tasked with management of business intelligence, digital partnerships, and licensing sales.
LOCATION: New York, NY office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Develop and implement licensing strategies, particularly with regard to BMI’s evolving licensing solutions for online Film/TV services (FASTs, AVOD, VMVPDs, etc.), trends in advertising spending, evolving business models in BMI-licensed markets, and other nascent markets.
• Lead negotiation of agreements with higher-value digital licensees, ensuring that long-term strategic considerations are made in individual negotiations and consistency is achieved. Work with direct report and team to ensure the same.
• Identify and direct the analysis of emerging markets and trends in digital entertainment. Collaborate with the team on strategic planning to maximize BMI’s respective position.
• Manage Director, Account Relations to develop and further relationships with licensees, proposing and executing partnership opportunities.
• Liaise with AVP to set and meet revenue goals each fiscal year and provide feedback on monthly and annual targets.
• Establish and manage regularly scheduled business reviews with all top Digital accounts. Develop agendas and lead and present BMI’s portion of such meetings.
• Regularly interface with other BMI departments such as Legal, Accounting, Operations and others to ensure that all “shared service” departments have the information and expertise they need to process and disburse royalty receipts from the Digital Licensing group.
• Lead engagement with Corporate Communications on internal and external marketing and publicity for Digital licensing initiatives.
• Proactively engage with and provide expert analysis to Corporate Planning on industry research and analysis projects.
• Represent company at industry events. Act as a resource both internally and externally to address questions regarding digital media and digital music copyright, along with specific questions about BMI.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental employees, including those directly managing bespoke negotiations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in related field and equivalent experience. Minimum (15) fifteen years’ experience in digital entertainment, in either a rights management, digital service, and/or content-based role, with at least (10) ten years’ experience in a supervisory position.
• In depth knowledge and experience with the following:
• Digital Music Services.
• The online film/TV marketplace (e.g., content providers, FAST, AVOD, SVOD platforms, etc.) and traditional cable/TV.
• US and global digital rights marketplace.
• Advertising spending and market trends, particularly as it relates to ad-supported online services.
• Digital fitness, gaming, social media, and other online services utilizing music.
• Interpreting licensing agreements and other legal documents.
• Analyzing client data reports to determine trends, potential E&O, and their potential financial impact.
• Music publishing and copyright.
• KPIs across the variety of digital services that BMI licenses.
• Long-term Forecasting and budgeting in perpetually evolving markets.
• Experience managing account relationships and/or executing on partnership initiatives.
• Experience with YouTube’s ecosystem a major plus.
• Proven track record in building business relationships.
• Proven record of outside sales success in the digital space, with significant experience executing agreements with key players in the music, content, and/or performance rights marketplaces.
• Network of contacts in digital media.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the areas of agreement negotiation and partner relations.
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
• Advanced Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Ability to learn quickly with a desire to continue learning.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
$150,000.00 - $180,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 12 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.