BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides general assistance to VP and Film/TV/Visual Media department.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Manage VP’s calendar and independently schedule appointments.
• Arrange travel plans and itineraries, and compile documents for travel-related meetings. Handle expense reimbursement process to ensure reimbursements are accurately paid and without delay. Reconcile travel receipts to reimbursements.
• Handle and screen incoming phone calls and greet scheduled visitors for VP.
• Develop working knowledge of performance rights, royalty methodologies, cue sheets, publishing, film music, media landscape, and industry personnel.
• Field daily incoming general calls regarding statements, cue sheets, affiliation process, etc.
• Research Performing Rights questions and royalty statements.
• Organize and maintain contact database.
• Keeps records, update parking and conference room responsibilities (set-up and booking).
• Provide routine administrative and office support; file, maintain data bases, order supplies, manage departmental invoices, reconcile payment questions.
• Research information on composers, songwriters, publishers, films, television and soundtracks as needed. Confidential research reports.
• Compile weekly box office reports.
• Maintain calendar of composer scoring sessions and department events.
• Generate expense reports, check requests, value letters and department related correspondence.
• Event coordination including gathering RSVP’s, generating spreadsheets, setting up production books, materials acquisition, pre-production technical assistance.
• Production assistant for workshops including videotaping, securing supplies, on-site participation.
• Assist with special projects and general department assistance as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum three years’ administrative experience, preferably at a music company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Attention to detail
• Strong typing and proofreading skills
• Working knowledge of the music industry
• A passion for music and media.
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00 (USD). The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
401K with employer match
Flexible spending accounts
Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
12 paid calendar holidays
Paid volunteer time off
Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
Company paid life insurance
Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
Tuition assistance for qualified team members
Commuter benefits (New York)
Amazing and engaging culture
Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.