BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Provides general assistance to VP and Film/TV/Visual Media department.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Maintain relationships with TV/Film composers, agents, managers, etc.
• Handle and screen incoming phone calls and greet scheduled visitors for VP.
• Manage VP’s calendar and independently schedule appointments.
• Arrange travel plans and itineraries, and compile documents for travel-related meetings. Handle expense reimbursement process to ensure reimbursements are accurately paid and without delay. Reconcile travel receipts to reimbursements.
• Develop working knowledge of performance rights, royalty methodologies, cue sheets, publishing, film music, media landscape, and industry personnel.
• Field daily incoming general calls regarding statements, cue sheets, affiliation process, etc.
• Research Performing Rights questions and royalty statements.
• Organize and maintain contact database.
• Keeps records, update parking and conference room responsibilities (set-up and booking).
• Provide routine administrative and office support; file, maintain data bases, order supplies, manage departmental invoices, reconcile payment questions.
• Research information on composers, songwriters, publishers, films, television and soundtracks as needed. Confidential research reports.
• Compile weekly box office reports.
• Maintain calendar of composer scoring sessions and department events.
• Generate expense reports, check requests, value letters and department related correspondence.
• Event coordination including gathering RSVP’s, generating spreadsheets, setting up production books, materials acquisition, pre-production technical assistance.
• Production assistant for workshops including videotaping, securing supplies, on-site participation.
• Attend industry events, panels, and screenings when needed.
• Assist with special projects and general department assistance as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum three years’ administrative experience, preferably at a music company. A passion for music and media.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
• Strong typing and proofreading skills
• Working knowledge of the music industry